JPs are outstanding Singaporeans who have made significant contributions in their professions, the public service, social services and the community at large.As JPs, they serve as Visiting Justices of our prisons, Court Volunteer Mediators in the State Courts, or marriage solemnisers appointed through the Registry of …
How many justice of peace are there in Singapore?
How many Solemnisers are there, who are Justices of the Peace, Religious Leaders as well as Grassroots and Community Leaders? There are 123 Solemnisers who are Justices of the Peace, 745 Religious Leaders and 298 Solemnisers who are Grassroots and Community Leaders.
What is the purpose of a JP?
Justices of the Peace (JPs) are volunteers appointed by the Governor of New South Wales. The primary roles of a JP are to witness a person making a statutory declaration or affidavit, and to certify copies of original documents. JPs come from all sections of the community and are available across NSW.
How do I contact a justice of the peace in Singapore?
Finding a Justice of Peace in Singapore
- Dr Phua Tan Tee. TEL: +65 6753 1028. EMAIL: Phua_Tan_Tee@NEA.GOV.SG. …
- Assoc Prof Yu Shi Ming. TEL: +65 6467 2092. EMAIL: email@example.com. …
- Mr Sim Khee Wang Simon. TEL: +65 6563 6081. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org. …
- Mr Lee Keok Boon Peter. TEL: +65 9791 0598. …
- Mr Lau Tat Chuan. TEL: +65 9836 5720.
How much does a justice of the peace earn in Singapore?
Therefore, they are not getting paid a salary for their time. It’s common courtesy for couples to reward them after the solemnisation process, as thanks for his or her time. A recommended amount would be $100 as token of appreciation.
Can a doctor be a JP?
A medical practitioner. A Justice of the Peace (with a registration number in the State in which they are registered). A minister of religion (registered under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961).
What do I bring to a JP?
proof of identity documents:
- your Australian driver’s licence. (If you have one. You can still apply if you do not have a current driver’s licence.)
- proof of date of birth such as a scanned copy of your:
- proof of legal name such as a scanned copy of your:
How long does a JP certification last?
Justices of the Peace (JPs) in NSW are appointed for 5-year terms. If you are a current JP in the final year of your term, and you’d like to apply for reappointment, you can do this online at the JP website.