The literature has three major categories, namely prose, poetry and plays.
What are the five general divisions of Philippine literature?
According to Mariñas (1974) Philippine Literature in Spanish can be divided into 5 stages of development namely:
- Works of Spanish Religious About the Philippines (1593–1800)
- Formative Stage (1800–1900)
- Nationalist Stage (1883–1903)
- The Golden Age (1903–1966)
- Modern Works (1966–present)
What are the 3 general divisions of Philippine literature?
What are the three general divisions of philippine literature?
- Poetry – written in stanzas and verse form.
- Prose – written paragraph form. …
- Oral Lore (ancient writings) and Pre-Colonial Era.
- During Colonialism.
- Under the Philippine Republic and Contemporary Era.
What are the divisions of Philippine literature history?
To answer these questions, this paper looks into five major literary traditions of Philippine literature — Native, Islamic, Spanish, American, and Nationalist – which in turn belong to any of the three historical periods of Philippine history: Pre-Colonial, Colonial, and Post-Colonial.
What are the general divisions of literature?
The two divisions of literature are prose and poetry.
What is the main theme of Philippine literature?
The early writings in English were characterized by melodrama, unreal language, and unsubtle emphasis on local color. The literary content later imbibed themes that express the search for Filipino identity, reconciling the centuries-old Spanish and American influence to the Philippines’ Asian heritage.
What are the 2 types of prose?
4 Common Types of Prose
- Nonfictional prose. Prose that is a true story or factual account of events or information is nonfiction. …
- Fictional prose. A literary work of fiction. …
- Heroic prose. A literary work that is either written down or preserved through oral tradition, but is meant to be recited. …
- Prose poetry.
What are common themes in literature?
Six common themes in literature are:
- Good vs. evil.
- Courage and perseverance.
- Coming of age.
What are forms of literature?
Forms of literature
- Poetry. A poem is a composition usually written in verse. …
- Drama. A play or drama offers another classical literary form that has continued to evolve over the years. …
- Essays. …
- Prose fiction.
What are the two divisions of poetry?
The three main divisions of poetry are narrative, lyric, and dramatic. Examples of each are: Narrative poems may be epics, ballads, metrical romances. These poems tell a story in poetic form.