2. Re: Is it safe to walk around Bangkok at night? Yes safe.
How safe is Bangkok at night?
Best not to ” wander around aimlessly” if alone and in unlit areas with hardly any people. Walk around as though you know where you are going, even if you are not sure ! If you use the same caution that you use at home late at night and keep your wits about you, you should be OK.
What should I avoid in Bangkok?
10 Things NOT to Do in Bangkok
- Don’t… get a taxi that’s already parked.
- Don’t… forget to stand up during the King’s Anthem.
- Don’t… sit next to a monk (if you’re female)
- Don’t… buy rounds in a nightclub, buy a bottle!
- Don’t… carry your passport around.
- Don’t… wear shorts or a skirt to the temple.
- Don’t… …
- Don’t …
What is famous food in Bangkok?
Local Foods You Must Try When Visiting Bangkok
- Tom yum goong (spicy shrimp soup)
- Som tum (spicy green papaya salad)
- Tom kha kai (chicken in coconut soup)
- Gaeng daeng (red curry)
- Pad Thai (Thai-style fried noodles)
- Khao pad (fried rice)
- Pad krapow moo (stir-fried basil and pork)
- Gaeng keow wan kai (green chicken curry)
Are things expensive in Bangkok?
You can go quite far with only little money. However, being a capital city, you can expect Bangkok’s prices to be a bit higher but it’s still very affordable. … Spending money left and right will end up on a very expensive trip.
How much should I pay for a massage in Thailand?
A typical massage session lasts about 2 hours and costs 300-500 baht. A foot massage session is about 40-50 minutes and costs 300-400 baht. A massage at a 5-star hotel is naturally more expensive – the price can be triple, or more. On the beach, the fee for a massage and foot massage is around 300 baht an hour.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
Top 10 things to avoid in Thailand
- Swim at the southern Andaman beaches in the low season. …
- Hire a motorbike. …
- Go to tiger or animal shows. …
- Go to zoos. …
- Ride an elephant. …
- Get in a taxi or tuk tuk before negotiating your fare. …
- Sign contracts without advice from a qualified Thai lawyer. …
- Get in an argument with Thai police.