How can I bring my cat to Thailand?
Pet transport to Thailand is possible, and it’s best handled with several weeks of preparation. To start, Thai authorities require all animals entering the country to have microchip identification implanted before travel. An inactivated rabies vaccination and certificate are also a must.
How can I bring my pet to Thailand?
There are a few documents that you will need to bring in order to travel with your pet to Thailand.
- They will need a health certificate issued by a USDA accredited veterinarian. …
- You must bring a proof of vaccination showing Rabies, Leptospirosis, Distemper, Hepatitis, and Parvovirus vaccines for dogs.
How much does it cost to fly a cat internationally?
Fees are outlined on the Department of Agriculture website and will vary, however, you can expect to pay approximately $2,000 for one cat. There can be additional fees if your pet requires veterinary treatments or an extended stay.
Do cats need papers to cross the border?
What documentation is required to bring a dog or cat back to the U.S.? In an nutshell, to return to California only dogs, not cats, require a rabies certification. Health certificates are not required for either dogs or cats.
Which dogs are banned in Thailand?
Banned breeds in Thailand are:
- American Staffordshire Terrier.
- Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Where is the best place to live in Thailand?
The Best Places to Live in Thailand
- Hua Hin — A Thai beach resort town. …
- Retire in idyllic Koh Tao. …
- City living in Chiang Mai. …
- Iconic Phuket. …
- An off-the-grid escape in Khao Lak. …
- Relax in beautiful Koh Samui. …
- Krabi — Thailand’s best-kept secret. …
- Expat living in Ao Nang.
How much does it cost to travel with a cat?
Each airline has restrictions on the age and breed of pets they allow to travel in the cabin, while non-approved pets must travel below deck as a checked item. For domestic flights, all three major airlines charge $125 for a carry-on pet.
Does Thailand quarantine pets?
Pet dogs and cats will not be quarantined as long as they arrive with a current import permit and all regulations to enter Thailand are met. … Pets transiting Thailand as air cargo will need a transit permit which must be applied for via an import permit application.
Are pitbulls allowed in Thailand?
Pitbulls with responsible owners are fine in some countries, but Thailand is notorious for not dealing with the stray dog problem at all. In some places it really is out of hand, we had a post here about somebody being bitten the second time while he was completing the anti-rabies course for his first bite.
How much does it cost to fly a cat with you?
If your pet is small enough to fit in a carrier, which goes beneath the seat in front of you, this method of travel by air is far and away your best bet for a safe, worry-free trip. Most of the major airlines are still accepting one pet per passenger at an average cost of $125.00 each way on domestic flights.
Which airline is the most pet friendly?
Most pet-friendly U.S. airlines
- American Airlines: Best for West Coast travel.
- United Airlines: Best for East Coast travel.
- Delta Airlines: Best for small pets.
- Southwest Airlines: Best for cheap pet fees.
- JetBlue: Best for pet amenities.
- Allegiant Air: Best for pet check-in process.