What is Indonesia best known for?
20 Things Indonesia is famous for
- 1) Bali.
- ️ 2) Raja Ampat.
- 3) Borobudur and Prambanan temples.
- 4) Komodo dragon island.
- 5) See orangutans in the wild.
- 6) Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice)
- ️ 7) Rica-rica.
- ♀️ Indonesian locals are very friendly.
What is the contribution of Indonesia?
The country is a major exporter of crude petroleum and natural gas. In addition, Indonesia is one of the world’s main suppliers of rubber, coffee, cocoa, and palm oil; it also produces a wide range of other commodities, such as sugar, tea, tobacco, copra, and spices (e.g., cloves).
What makes Indonesia unique?
It has 139 volcanoes
Indonesia has the third most volcanoes in the world, behind the US and Russia, according to the National Museum of Natural History’s Global Volcanism Program. The volcanic island of Krakatoa, between Java and Sumatra, is perhaps the most famous.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
The most Indonesian celebrity of all, at around one million years old, is Pithecanthropus, also known as Java Man.
Why is Bali so popular?
Famous for its volcanic mountains, iconic beaches and coral reefs, Indonesia’s resort island of Bali has topped TripAdvisor’s best destination list for 2017. Famous for its volcanic mountains, iconic beaches and coral reefs, Indonesia’s resort island of Bali has topped TripAdvisor’s best destination list for 2017.
What is best to buy in Indonesia?
Jakarta Shopping Guide: Top 11 Indonesian Products
- Wayang Puppets. Image Courtesy of: Kevin Gessner. …
- Congklak (Dakon Board Game) Image Courtesy of: Abby Handayani. …
- Batik Textiles. Image Courtesy of: Nazir Amin. …
- Indonesian Jewelry. Image Courtesy of: Chie. …
- Local Carvings (Wood and Stone) …
- Batik Paintings. …
- Gamelan. …
- Kris (Keris)