Yes, it is possible to open a bank account in Malaysia as a non-resident. You just need to provide the necessary paperwork, which as you see, does not require proof of address in Malaysia. If you choose a foreign bank, you can even start the process from abroad.
How can I open a bank account in Malaysia from overseas?
To open an account you will need to bring:
- Valid Passport.
- National Identity Card.
- Valid work permit or working visa in Malaysia (for employment in Malaysia)
- Employment letter (for employment in Malaysia)
- Approval Letter for Malaysia My Second Home program (for MM2H participants)
Can I open a bank account online in Malaysia?
Apply in 10mins. Authenticate yourself 24/7 at Self-Service Machines. Activate your debit card.
How can a foreigner open a Maybank account?
Required Primary Documents
- Valid Passport (if IC is produced as a Primary document)
- Valid driving licence.
- Utility bills (e.g. water/electricity/telephone bills, Quit Rent, Assessment Notice) in the name and address of the customer opening the account.
- Letter of employment.
- Credit card.
Can foreigner open account in CIMB?
Opening a bank account as an expatriate or a foreigner is a relatively straightforward process.
At A Glance – Notable Banks in Malaysia.
|Wide Availability of Branches & ATMS||Yes|
|Full Range of Banking Services||Yes|
|Favorable Interest Rates||Yes|
Which bank is best in Malaysia?
CIMB is awarded best private bank in Malaysia by Asiamoney and FinanceAsia
- CIMB is awarded best private bank in Malaysia by Asiamoney and FinanceAsia.
Which bank is International bank in Malaysia?
A subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad is the largest foreign-owned bank in the country, with a network of over 60 branches nationwide. Incorporated in Malaysia in 1994, the bank offers Islamic financial services, including personal and commercial banking.
Can I open online bank account?
Most banks usually have similar procedures, so it is fairly easy to open a Savings Account. Step 1: Get online: Open a Savings Account online through your mobile phone or laptop through InstaAccount. You can initiate the process with just your mobile number, your documents and by filling out a form.
What is the easiest bank account to open online?
1. Choose a Bank or Credit Union with $0 Deposit Req’s
- Barclays Online Savings.
- Discover Online Banking Cashback Debit.
- Credit Unions.
- Wells Fargo Opportunity Checking®
- BBVA Compass Easy Checking.
- Radius Bank Essential Checking.
What documents I need to open bank account?
Documents Required to Open a Savings Bank Account
- PAN card.
- Driving License.
- Voter’s ID.
- Employee ID.
- Bank passbook.
- Ration card.
How much do I need to open a Citibank account in Malaysia?
|Minimum opening balance||RM 5,000|
|Daily cash withdrawals||Up to RM 10,000 for Citibanking/Citi Priority customers and RM20,000 for Citigold customers|
|Interbank funds transfer (Interbank GIRO)||RM0.10 per transaction Notice: This will be waived (effective 24th March 2015) until further notice.|
What does a foreigner need to open a bank account?
A valid passport. A valid proof of residence.
Non-residents will need the following documentation:
- A valid passport.
- Address of your current residence.
- Three months’ bank statements from your previous country’s bank, showing the activity on the account.
Can non citizens open bank account?
A foreigner can open a bank account in the US. Most small banks only allow US citizens and permanent residents to open up bank accounts. … However, larger banks such as US Bank, TD Bank, Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo will allow non-residents to set up a checking account and a savings account.