What should we do in case of a flood in the Philippines?
WHEN WARNED OF FLOOD
Listen to your radio for emergency instructions. If you find it necessary to evacuate, move to a safe area before access is cut off by flood waters. Store drinking water in containers, water service may be interrupted. Move household belongings to upper levels.
What should you do after a flood to safeguard yourself?
After Flooding Occurs
- Avoid driving through flooded areas and standing water. …
- Do not drink flood water, or use it to wash dishes, brush teeth, or wash/prepare food. …
- If you evacuated, return to your home only after local authorities have said it is safe to do so.
- Listen for boil water advisories.
What to do after flooding?
After a Flood
- Avoid moving water.
- Stay away from damaged areas unless your assistance has been specifically requested by police, fire, or relief organization.
- Emergency workers will be assisting people in flooded areas. …
- Play it safe. …
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe.
What to do when it is flooding?
What to do During a Flood Warning or Flash Flood Warning
- Do not walk through flowing water. Most drownings occur during flash floods. …
- Remember the phrase “Turn Around, Don’t Drown!” Don’t drive through flooded roads. Cars can be swept away in only two feet of moving water. …
- Do not drive around road barriers.
What are the main causes of flood in the Philippines?
According to the past Secretary of the Department of Public Works and Highways, Rogelio Singson, there are three major causes of flooding in Metro Manila: Clogged waterways, old drainage system, and the huge amount of trash generated due to improper waste disposal.
How can we prevent flooding in the Philippines?
Construct a building that is one meter or more from the ground to prevent flood damage. Restore rivers and clean drainage to prevents floods. The mere fact that the rivers will restore to its original state and drainages are clean, the flow of water can be control and damages may be prevented.
What should we not do during flood?
Do not drive into flooded areas. If floodwaters rise around your car, abandon the car and move to higher ground if you can do so safely. You and the vehicle can be quickly swept away . bodies from time to time and act accordingly.