Why does the king of Thailand stay in Germany?
Dr Chachavalpongpun said one speculation was that King Vajiralongkorn needed to be in Germany due to health complications. Another reason is thought to be related to his hedonistic reputation, he said, which could be shrouded in Germany because of perceptions of the country’s “quieter” media landscape.
Where does king of Thailand live?
The monarchy’s official ceremonial residence is the Grand Palace in Bangkok, while the private residence has been at the Dusit Palace. The king currently resides in quarantine at the Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl in Germany.
Why is Thai king so rich?
Compared to other centuries-long monarchies around the world, MacGregor Marshall said the Chakri dynasty’s wealth did not stem from an “ancient fortune”, instead, most of it came from assets amassed during the 20th century. Much of this stems from land and real estate holdings.
Why can’t you talk about the king in Thailand?
It is illegal to defame, insult, or threaten the king, queen, heir-apparent, heir-presumptive, or regent. Modern Thai lèse-majesté law has been on the statute books since 1908. … The law has criminalised acts of insult since 1957. There is substantial room for interpretation, which causes controversy.
How rich is Thai king?
Estimates of King Maha Vajiralongkorn’s wealth start at $30bn, but that number may be much higher.
Who is the richest in Thailand?
The top 10 richest in Thailand are:
- Chearavanont Brothers; US$30.2 billion.
- Chalerm Yoovidhya; $24.5 billion.
- Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi; $12.7 billion.
- Chirathivat Family; $11.6 billion.
- Sarath Ratanavadi; $8.9 billion.
- Osathanugrah Family; $3.5 billion.
- Somphote Ahunai; $3.3 billion.
- Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth; $3.25 billion.
Which country still has a king?
|Realm / Kingdom||Monarch (Birth)||Type|
|United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland||Queen Elizabeth II (b. 1926)||Constitutional|
|Kingdom of Bahrain||King Hamad bin Isa (b. 1950)||Mixed|
|Kingdom of Belgium||King Philippe (b. 1960)||Constitutional|
|Kingdom of Bhutan||King Jigme Khesar Namgyel (b. 1980)||Constitutional|
Who is the richest family in the world?
Top 10 Wealthiest Families in the World
- Walton Family — Walmart. Estimated Wealth: $215 billion1. …
- Mars Family — Mars. …
- Koch Family — Koch Industries. …
- Al Saud — Saudi Royal Family. …
- Ambani Family — Reliance Industries. …
- Dumas Family — Hermès. …
- Wertheimer Family — Chanel. …
- Johnson Family — Fidelity Investments.
Is chewing gum illegal in Thailand?
3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement. I wouldn’t really class this one as silly – unusual, perhaps, but not an out-and-out silly one of the laws in Thailand. Plus, it’s one that’s definitely worth bearing in mind because there’s a pretty hefty fine if you get caught (nearly £400).
Is it illegal to criticize the royal family?
Criticism or comments which tarnish past kings or the monarchy are punishable by law.