The word dek means “child” but it was waen that invoked fury. The inference was yet another English word had invaded the Thai language, meaning waen had its roots in English.
What does DEK DEK mean in Thai?
เด็กแนว (Dek Naew) / Hip Young Person
A dek naew is a young person who needs to keep up with all the latest trends.
What does Na Rak mean in Thai?
1. Narak (น่ารัก) Narak is a way to say cute in Thai language. You can use this word to describe most of the things that you think that they are cute – from dresses, animals, persons, personality and so on. … Also, Narak has no connotation meaning so feel free to say it.
How do you insult in Thai?
Koh Rang Yai
- Insults. stupid. …
- kwai. This is the Thai word for buffalo. …
- nah gliat. This is a funny one. …
- kee nee-ow. This phrase means stingy or tight with money. …
- ‘kee nok’ and ‘kee ngok’ These two insults probably cause more confusion and debate than any others. …
- ai & ee. These are insulting titles. …
- Swear Words.
Why do Thai say P?
“Pee” means brother or sister with regard to someone familiar to you of similar or greater age. It doesn’t mean they are a blood relation – just someone familiar. “Nong” is the equivalent word for anyone younger than you. Nong, on its own, can also be used to summon a waiter/waitress at a restaurant.
What does noo mean in Thai?
THAI LANGUAGE LESSONS L12 – Pronouns & Titles
|tahn||you (polite and formal)|
|noo||you (from an elder to a child or younger)|
|gair||you (informal and rough sounding)|
How do you say goodnight in Thai?
ฝันดีนะ (fan dii na) is a commonly used wording to say “good night” in Thai.
Can you kiss in Thailand?
* It is not polite to express your private affection by hugging and kissing your partener in public places. Holding hands is OK for foreigners, but rarely seen at locals.
What does KHAP mean in Thai?
Sawasdee (khap/ka) – “Hello”
If you’ve stepped into Thailand before, you definitely would have heard this phrase before. Countless times! It generally means hello, but it can also serve as good morning, good afternoon, and goodbye.
What does Na KRUB mean in Thai?
It would totally depend on how it’s said.” In the Thai Royal Institute Dictionary, the words “ka” and “krub” are both defined as “an ending word to suggest the politeness of the message.” In my own translation, they are filler words that don’t mean anything.
How do you address a Thai person?
- In both a formal and informal situation, Thai people greet each other with the word ‘sawadee’ followed by ‘kah’ for females and ‘kraap’ (soft r) for males.
- It is normal to refer to someone of a perceived higher status by the title ‘Khun’ (Mr/Ms) followed by their first name.
What does Yai Nong mean in Thai?
nong=sister But adding yai because that person is so cute You can use the word yainong. With very cute things Like a heart almost fell out. See a translation. 1 like. beammxmh.