The basic rule is to cover your shoulders and knees (both sexes), and ideally you’d cover your ankles too. On the bottom, wear longer shorts, capris, pants/trousers or a knee-length-or-longer skirt. On top, choose any shirt that fully covers your shoulders. A T-shirt, blouse or polo is fine, while a tank top is not.
What should I wear at night in Bangkok?
Longer shorts (ideally knee-length) or capri pants are perfectly suitable for beach towns but, in Bangkok, consider a summer dress or skirt (in jersey, cotton or something that doesn’t wrinkle). As for tops, T-shirts are great but choose a tank top with more coverage than not.
What should I pack for Bangkok?
We recommend including the following on your Bangkok packing list:
- Cotton t-shirts.
- Shorts or skirts.
- Flip-flops or sandals.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Nicer clothes/shoes for more upmarket bars & restaurants.
Can I wear red in Thailand?
Of course, it is perfectly safe to wear a red shirt in Thailand! Unless that is you wear one and join a mass demonstration against the army’s orders… Red is an auspicious color in Thailand cause of the Thai-Chinese, and Sunday is the ‘red day of the week’.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road. …
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. …
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. …
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. …
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Is chewing gum illegal in Thailand?
3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement. I wouldn’t really class this one as silly – unusual, perhaps, but not an out-and-out silly one of the laws in Thailand. Plus, it’s one that’s definitely worth bearing in mind because there’s a pretty hefty fine if you get caught (nearly £400).
Is Gold cheap in Bangkok?
Gold in Bangkok is cheaper than lot of Western and Asian countries. The quality of gold is better too. As majority of gold ornaments in Thailand are 96.5% pure.
What items are cheap in Thailand?
What are the 10 cheapest things to buy in Bangkok, Thailand?
- Flowers – Thailand is known as the place to buy orchids. …
- Tailor Made Clothes – Another cheap thing to buy in Bangkok is tailor made clothing.
Is it safe in Bangkok at night?
2. Re: Is it safe to walk around Bangkok at night? Yes safe.