What does Lok mean in Khmer?
In formal situation, Cambodians address people with Lok (Mr.) or Lok Srey (Mrs.) followed by his/her given name or both given and family name. Rarely is the family name used by itself as Westerners do.
How do you say Monday in Cambodian?
Terms in this set (7)
- Monday. th*’nga-ee chan.
- Tuesday. th*’nga-ee awngkee-uh.
- Wednesday. th*’nga-ee put.
- Thursday. th*’nga-ee prohu-uhH.
- Friday. th*’nga-ee sok.
- Saturday. th*’nga-ee saoo.
- Sunday. th*’nga-ee âtit.
What can be in Khmer?
Basic Khmer greetings and essentials
- Chom reap sour [chom-reap-sore] – Hello (formal)
- Susadei [soos-a-day] – Hello (informal)
- Soksaby [soks-a-bye] – How are you and I am fine. …
- Chom reap lear [chom-reep-lear] – Goodbye (formal) …
- Lee hi [lee-hi] – Goodbye (informal) …
- Jah [chaa] – Yes (female) …
- Ot teh [ot-tei] – No.
Is Cambodian difficult?
Customer Review. Khmer is a truly difficult language for Westerners to learn, harder than Mandarin to speak, and harder than anything other than Chinese or Japanese to read. There are several difficulties. … To top it off, there is no standard, intuitive system to transcribe Khmer into the Latin alphabet.
What does YEAY mean?
—used to express joy, approval, or excitement.