Aside from the ones mentioned above, candidates must be a high school graduate and must be at least 18 years old age, but not more than fifty years old. The other requirements will be given to you by your employer or agency. It’s not easy to be a security guard in the Philippines.
What qualifications do I need to be a security guard?
What do I need to do to become a security officer?
- be aged 18 or over.
- pass identity and criminal record checks.
- complete relevant approved SIA training.
- You can take an approved SIA course at a college or training centre before applying for work.
What are the qualities and responsibilities of security officers in security industry?
- 10 qualities your security personnel should possess. There are times when hiring security personnel is essential to running a successful business, event or operation. …
- Honesty & integrity. Security personnel MUST be trustworthy. …
- Training. …
- Experience. …
- Vigilance. …
- Lead and follow. …
- Communication. …
- Physical fitness.
What are the job requirements of a security officer?
Security Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Registered as a security officer.
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of public safety, security operations, and procedures.
What is the difference between security guard and security officer?
‘Security guard’ is sometimes used to denote a watchperson who occupies a particular post or patrols a limit area but exercises little independent judgment. ‘Security officer’ may be used to denote a professional who has a wider range of duties and exercises more independent judgment.
What questions are asked in a security interview?
- Tell me a little about yourself.
- How would your previous employer describe you?
- Do you consider yourself an attentive person?
- What are your interests and hobbies outside of work?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- What are your career goals as a security guard?
What is RA 5487 all about?
R.A. 5487. AN ACT TO REGULATE THE ORGANIZATION AND OPERATION OF PRIVATE DETECTIVE, WATCHMEN OR SECURITY GUARDS AGENCIES.
What are the main responsibilities of security guard?
5 Top Responsibilities of Security Personnel
- Be a visible deterrent to crime.
- Identifying suspicious behavior.
- Contacting and communicating with the authorities.
- Monitoring access to properties.
- Taking action in emergency situations.
- Do You Want to Become a Security Guard?
What is the duties and responsibilities of security officer?
A security guard’s duties can range from simply being present to reacting to robberies and assaults and maintaining law and order.
- Enforcing company policies, rules, and laws.
- Controlling access to the building.
- Monitoring surveillance systems and alarms.